Thursday, July 19, 2018

Day 19

Somehow the Camino continues to bless me beyond belief! I was the first one to wake up in my albergue today (first time on this trip) at 6:15AM. Note that it is not exactly sleeping in, but compared to the groups I’ve been with, this felt practically like sleeping until noon.

I met Chloe’s family (who was passing through for breakfast) at 7:30 and walked and talked with them for a while. This pic is an old one because we did not take one today. 

This pic is missing Tammy and Chloe. Aren’t those kids so cute?

They left me at my alburgue and I had breakfast with Sebastian from Germany who was still in hip pain, so he planned to see the doctor. After I put laundry in, I headed to the town to use the cash machine and visit the supermarcado. I decided to start eating only what is packaged or fresh to avoid more sickness. I bought cured jamon (ham), Gouda and two beautiful nectarines. I saw my friends, Stu and Claude, exchanged hugs, and they were off to explore the castle ruins.



When I returned, it felt like a good time to rest, so.... I did. After a bit, I went to get laundry and hang it out to dry. Right as I was doing that a few people were checking into the alburgue and they were women who both speak English. One thing I love so much about this is meeting people and hearing their “why” stories. Nobody does the Camino for no reason. I am a lover of story, so this intrigues me. 

In the afternoon, I went exploring and found the COOLEST place. It’s in an old stone house and it’s a MEDITATION house. Literally the most awesome thing I’ve seen yet on this trip! I’ll post a few pics here, but the best stuff is on Instagram and Facebook!












No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your questions, thoughts or support!